Quote of the moment

When you stumble, make it part of the dance

'Wisdom is knowing i am nothing, Love is knowing i am everything, and between the two my life moves' - Nisargadatta

July 30, 2012

..with courage


Me : I cant be the elegant woman that you would like me to be.
He : Why not? 
Me : Coz i'm goofy
He : (after a split second) You mean, you're the dog


As I grow older, I realize I cant remain the same. Actually for my own good, I shouldn't. But any change is only a tiny bit. Our intrinsic qualities don’t change much in our lifetime. As much as I wish to become a better version of me from the previous day or a month or a year, I still find myself struggling most of the times. No wonder Woody Allen’s movies appeals to me. Coz I'm always going philosophical about myself. And usually, I love building anecdotes & adding metaphors to a post. It helps to confuse the reader about the topic. The first four lines of this post itself might not make any sense even after reading the whole post. (Again a woody alleny trick). But it does to me. Nevertheless, let me come straight to the point. Currently, I am enjoying watching a sitcom named ‘New Girl’ . Among other things, I love the characterization of Jess (played by Zooy Deschanel). More so because, the uncanny resemblance of Jess to me as a person is too true to believe.

According to Wikipedia
Jessica "Jess" Day, the eponymous "new girl". She is a cute, bubbly elementary school teacher in her late 20s. She is a free spirit. She acts according to her heart's content, usually in unconventional ways. Her behavior does not reflect social norms, which ends up making her look weird but her quirkiness is loveable and charming. Jess is genuine and kind-hearted. She is imaginative and naïve, much like a child. She opens herself up to everyone and easily trusts, which tends to put her in a vulnerable position. Jess has a tendency to get into awkward situations due to her aversion to confrontation. Regardless of misfortunes, her optimism helps to keep her faith alive. Among her personality traits is her tendency to burst into song, sometimes making up lyrics reflecting her situation

The New Girl seems to say to me, 
'Give up struggling and dont fear anymore to be who you are. Don't seek to be up on someone's pedestal for being unconditional nor allow to be looked down upon for your goofiness. In spite of not making sense, find comfort that all your thoughts & actions have meaning to you. '
Trusting in Jess makes me like myself with a new gained self-confidence. And my being asks me now. Whether i am willing to embrace my wackiness...

No comments: