Quote of the moment

When you stumble, make it part of the dance

'Wisdom is knowing i am nothing, Love is knowing i am everything, and between the two my life moves' - Nisargadatta

February 10, 2006

I designed this rhyme to explain in due time...

The first question which came to my mind when I created this blog was, what should I name my blog……. And I think that’s funny for the person I am …I always have been quoting Shakespeare’s
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
More so because I have, as they call, an unconventional Indian name… Gino…. Why have I been named so… well… I shall explain in due time…. And jus remember this line from the song ‘In the End’ (Linkin Park)
Keep that in mind / I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
But the fact is that, for any acquaintance that meets me for the first time, I have had to spell my name….. so that they do not misinterpret it as Jeno or Ginu which they later address me as... Now this being my FIRST blog… and me singing a song abt my name… should make me sound like a self obsessed person… But my idea of creating A BLOG is to seize the thoughts which run in my mind and throw it here….. so that the little brain of mine has a thought lesser to churn around….

Like in Harry Potter series…. when explaining the Pensieve's primary function, (Pensieves are used to store the excess thoughts extracted from the memory of a witch or wizard) Dumbledore said "I sometimes find…that I simply have too many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind…At these times…I use the Pensieve. One simply siphons the excess thoughts from one's mind, pours them into the basin, and examines them at one's leisure. It becomes easier to spot patterns and links…when they are in this form…..

That’s why I am putting my thoughts here.. using the blog as a pensieve and find if it somehow develops into a GREAT pattern ;) … I am also writing here… to seize the day and live life's each moment to the fullest… (That’s Carpe Diem!!!)

Coming back to my name… Wikipedia has an interesting explanation for Gino (Yup, my name is there, check out if anyone wants…..) – Gino in Canadian or Australian Slang (Pronounced Gee-noh) is the masculine form of someone, who dresses in tight clothing, excessive amounts of hair gel, wears gold chains, diamond stud earrings, and has a macho attitude… After reading this, I tried relating my name to myself.. but something’s are better left untried and unsaid as well……

Now to explain the caption and the line from ‘In the end’… My elder sister’s name is Lino…. And my Dad was a fan of WWF (not the World Wildlife Fund , but the World Wrestling Federation as it was previously known) . He happened to come across a name which rhymed with my sister’s and so…. So I was conveniently named Gino….after the Gino Brito, a popular Montreal wrestler……

1 comment:

Radhika Bargavi said...

Looks like you are a voracious reader! That's great!! Your many many pointers and references are so apt and wonderful and seriously, I never knew your name has such an amazing history behind it! :) Awesome!!