Quote of the moment

When you stumble, make it part of the dance

'Wisdom is knowing i am nothing, Love is knowing i am everything, and between the two my life moves' - Nisargadatta

April 29, 2010

beginning...

As i quit my job after four and a half years (delayed response, as usual, i guess) , a thoughtful colleague and friend sent me this message on my last day.


Found solace and comfort in reading this, as i am going to charter unknown territories. Funnily, i didnt know much about the previous territory either, but did fairly well, considering my choices.

The words "as our world changes.." is really symbolic at this stage in my life. Though i have not changed in the core, but my "needs" are changing as i am growing within..

Being able to cook a simple meal at home is much important than coming late and ordering yummy food..
Keeping the home clean and rearranging stuff is more important than the organizing the office desktop and files in sharedrive..
Trying to figure diligently what veggies are cheaper and seasonal at the moment and then buyin them makes more sense rather than picking whichever ones you like, coz you can afford to...
Waiting for him and being at home when he arrives rather than walking into the house when he is cooking, feels less guilty and more in control ;)..
Being able to go for a walk in the morning/evening in the park is exhilarating than complaining and giving absurd reasons all the time (ALL THE TIME)...

And the most important.. being able to listen to him "talk" rather than me cribbing gives positive and happy vibes...

I am aware of the fact that its not just a matter of courage to let go of jobs (one doesnt fit into) ... No... Absolutely not...not everyone gets the liberty and freedom to do so... I know so many near & dear ones who just cant afford to quit... (like i couldnt until now)
So, in all humblessness, i would like to thank the grace of angels blessing me (when they did)..

I am not quite sure what i am going to do with this opportunity.. Nevertheless, i know that i will wander but try not to get lost and delusioned...

And (at the risk of sounding too religious) i would like to remember these insightful words of the philosopher Epictetus : "There is only one thing for which God has sent me into the world, and that is to develop every kind of virtue or strength, and there is nothing in all the world that i cannot use for this purpose.” , and begin my...

1 comment:

Kp said...

This shows how gracefully you have transitioned..