Quote of the moment

When you stumble, make it part of the dance

'Wisdom is knowing i am nothing, Love is knowing i am everything, and between the two my life moves' - Nisargadatta

November 16, 2012

temptations

'Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength and courage to yield to.' - Oscar Wilde
This quote made me look at temptations in a completely different light. Until reading this, i was of the opinion that i should always strive to control my inner temptations since it would make a stronger human being. All my cravings and fantasies should be healthy. Yielding to unhealthy ones would mean i am weak. However, i am beginning to see some temptations in a different light now. It truly requires courage to yield to them. And they are completely worth it. I know they may come to bite me in the a**. It may mean i might lose out on something i humongously value. Still i believe i will be strong because i have been willing to take the risk and bear the consequences for that. Guess that's what growing up means. Taking risk and ownership for ones actions. I pray that no ill comes out of this. Though i am brave (after reasoning back and forth), i know that only love has brought me this far and help farther. I will always be thankful for its presence within and around me and my...

No comments: